With fall just around the corner, there are some things you may want to consider taking care of to make sure that your house performs optimally over the winter, and that your property is ready to spring back once winter is over. Below is a checklist of things to help with just that. Some of these may be new suggestions, while others may already be common practice for you. The list is broken down between indoor and outdoor tasks and can be completed in no particular order.
1. Prepare your gardens for next year
2. Prepare your outdoor faucets
3. Clean the gutters
4. Check your roof/chimney stack for leaks or wear
5. Snow Blower maintenance
1. Make sure your furnace is maintained
2. Check your house for drafts.
3. Change your ceiling fan direction
Just remember that this is a general list of things to consider taking care of before winter hits. Your house may have other additional requirements, but if you’ve completed this list you’re on the track to getting them all done!